Welcome to Top Ten Tuesday! I recently discovered that I could to the prompts well in advance of Tuesday, so doing TTT suddenly became much more possible. :) Sometimes I am a bit slow on the uptake. So, without any further ado...
Top Ten Tuesday
is a weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week bloggers post a top ten list related to a specific theme. This week's theme is Top Ten Scariest Looking Book Covers. Interestingly, I have only read 5 of these books.
1. Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark Treasury by Alvin Schwartz (and illustrated by Stephen Gammell)
The book cover and the illustrations are quite scary. I used to have to cover them up when I was reading the stories.
2. The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman
cover freaks me out, because it looks like the girl is drowning. She
may be okay, but my first thought that she is in trouble and I can't do
anything to help her.
3. Tales from Lovecraft Middle School series by Charles Gilman
All of the covers from this series are a bit freaky, but the Substitute Creature cover in particular scares me just a bit.
4. It by Stephen King
Clowns don't normally scare me; however, this clown is so sinister. I am afraid he is going to jump off the page!
5. Death Troopers by Joe Schreiber
things are not going to happen in this book when you have a Storm
Troopers helment (and head) hanging from a hook on the book cover.
6. Flowers in the Attic by VC Andrews
This cover just looks so haunting.
7. The Killing Joke by Alan Moore and Brian Bolland
If you are this close to the Joker, bad things are going to happen. Really bad things.
8. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
Black and white pictures of lonely children are scary. She looks like she is going to jump off the cover and haunt me.
9. The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson
This house looks like it is haunted. Opening the book is like entering this house, bad things are going to happen.
10. I Am Legend by Richard Matheson
The perspective of this cover looks like the vampires are getting in line to jump off the cover.