Top Ten Covers I Wish I Could Redesign. Here are some book covers of books that I have read over the years that I wish I could redesign.
1. Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer (and the rest of the series)
Sure, these are pretty covers; however, the really have nothing to do with the books.
2. The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman (and the rest of the series)
Why did the publisher decide that we need huge body-less animals floating over these book covers?
3. The Nanny Diaries by Emma McLaughlin
Is she supposed to be Mary Poppins? Why does she have an umbrella? Why is she checking for rain when she should be worried that her entire city is grey and she is in color!
4. Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood by Rebecca Wells
This cover is just a bit creepy. Also, this book cover is way happier than the subject matter of this book.
5. The Demolished Man by Alfred Bester
Ah! A man is running on a brain! The brain has a face! Aaaaah!
6. Ghost Planet by Sharon Lynn Fisher
Huge faces and tiny landscapes just look weird. Can you tell that this is a SF romance?
7. Bossy Pants by Tina Fey
Why must she have man hands? She had to be a guy to make it? I think that is the complete opposite of the message she is trying to send.
8. Bridget Jones's Diary by Helen Fielding
This is a creepy cover. I don't think I could read this book with this cover in public.
9. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by JK Rowling (and the rest of the series)
Yeah, I have to say it. I do not like these covers. Harry looks odd on all of these covers. I am really happy that they redid the covers. Although I have the e-books of the US version and the British hardcovers, I really want these too.
10. Doomsday Book by Connie Willis
Did they run out of money to design a cover for this book? It is so awesome, and the cover does nothing to sell it.