1. Harry Potter series by JK Rowling. I don't think I know anyone who hates they Harry Potter books.
2. Leviathan Wakes (Expanse series) by James SA Corey. This book is like a summer blockbuster in book form. Yes the book is a bit large (~500 pages); however, each chapter is only 10 pages, so it is totally manageable.
3. Hunger Game Series by Suzanne Collins. This is another thriller, adventure series that a lot of reluctant adult readers seem to enjoy.
4. Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris. I like Sookie better than Bella, so I typically recommend this series as a sexy vampire series. Please note, I have only read the first 4-5 books, so I don't know about all the later crazy stuff that happens.
5. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. It is an amazing book. Yes, it is a bit sad at times, but it is still an amazing book.
Attachments by Rainbow Rowell
Ancillary Justice by Ann Leckie
I participated in the first Twitter party, and I did all of seven challenges. I haven't had a chance to visit the other bloggers, but I am going to do that tomorrow. Better late than never! :)
I had a lot of fun doing this read-a-thon. It was neat to do a daily challenge and be forced to do an update every day. I liked being able to see in real time how everyone was doing! Yea for read-a-thons! :)