I am very excited about this challenge! Bloggiesta is all about working on your blog and learning new book blog-related things like SEO, HTML, time management, writing reviews, and social media. A few months ago, I looked through all of the previous Bloggiesta events and worked through several of the challenges. I learned a lot. This is a mini-Bloggiesta event, so it will only be January 25-26th. Even if you cannot join the event, I really recommend checking out the Bloggiesta site and looking through some of the challenges, especially if you are new to blogging or you just want to review some skills that you haven't used in a while.
My To Do List
- Research web hosts --> Any suggestions???
- Write four Thoughtful Thursday posts
- Write eight Top Ten Tuesday posts
- Organize sidebar better
- Maybe move annual challenges to its own page?
- Maybe get rid of the archive and just keep the keywords?
- Have all of my social media buttons uniform (bloglovin' I am looking at you!)
- Update pages
- Explain my rating system
- Update my About Me page
- Begin making a page linking to all reviews
- Create a page with favorite posts
I just switched my commenting system over to Disqus, because I recently realized that the Blogger commenting system doesn't automatically email people when I (or others) respond to their comments. Well, it can, but it doesn't work in a seamless way. So in a moment of spontaneity, I decided to put Disqus on my blog. It is a fairly popular commenting system, so hopefully this won't be too upsetting for anyone. I find it really easy to use as a commenter, so I thought folks would be okay with it. We will see how this goes. If you all hate it, we will try something new.
If you can't see Disqus, I have found a couple of reasons why this may be happening! Please don't write this off as a Disqus issue, if you can't see Disqus, there are probably other things on the Internet that you can't see.
1. Are you using Avast for antivirus protection on your browser? If so, click the Avast icon in your browser and allow "social networks allowed." If this doesn't work, try also allowing "web analytics allowed." You can just do this for my blog or just this one page on my blog. Avast can be very stringent, and it hides Disqus, Google+ commenting, and social media buttons on sites for me. I was so annoyed that I could never find a Twitter button to share things until I changed this setting in Avast.
2. Do you use other plugins or extensions? They might be causing the issue. I haven't noticed a problem with using plugins like ad-aware/ad-blocker. You may need to turn some of these off and refresh the page or restart the browser.
3. You may need to clear your brower's cache or cookies. On the other hand, you may need to enable cookies.
If you STILL can't see Disqus, please let me know! Feel free to email or tweet me! I switched to Disqus to improve our discussions, if you can't comment, Disqus isn't worth it.